We are changing the way that students print in an effort to alleviate some of the printing problems that you may have experienced in the past. The steps that you will need to take are listed below. Once you have set up this new student print queue, you will no longer use the print queues labeled: 4th_floor_lab2 or 5th_floorlab2. Moving forward, when printing, send all of your print jobs to the new StudentPrint queue. At this point, you may physically go to either the 5th floor lab printer or the 2 new printers in the 4th floor lab. On the console of the printer there will be a login dialog box. Enter the last 4 digits of your student id to login. Your pending print jobs will be listed and you can release them to print from there. If you have any questions, reach out to the IT staff and we will be happy to assist you. In addition, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to open a ticket.
Steps for windows
- Connect to the JMLS_WiFi wireless network.
- To add the new student printer queue – Press the Windows Key and the Letter R at the same time.
- This will open a Window Labeled Run. In the Open field type \\delta\studentprint and Press Enter.
- When prompted for your user name type: johnmarshall\yourusername. (example: johnmarshall\tsmith). Next enter your password and then check the box to “Remember my credentials”.
- When prompted select the option to Install Printer Driver.
- When the installation completes a window will appear labeled StudentPrint on Delta. If you see this window the printer installed correctly.