Courses & Counseling
While most prepare for the attorney’s licensing exam (the bar exam) after law school graduation, AJMLS students are provided a unique advantage to jump start their bar studies through three required courses beginning in the second year of study. Please see the Academic Achievement page for more information on these courses.
Bar Success Program
Intended to provide additional value and support to all alumni sitting and preparing for the bar exam, this program consists of scheduled workshops, individual support, and an adviser component to emphasize and incorporate specific strategies to optimize performance on the bar exam.
Supplemental Bar Support
Studying for the bar exam is not something that you have to do alone without support and expert advice. After graduation, alumni are provided with an opportunity to participate in the bar success program. The supplemental bar success program is not intended to be a substitute for a commercial bar review, but rather is intended to be an added benefit and support program to alumni sitting and preparing for the upcoming bar exam.
Bar exam takers that participate in the supplemental program are paired with a bar review coach, a member of the OAA team who offers support and strategies to students as they prepare for this difficult exam.
- Bar Talk : November 7, 2019 at 6:15 p.m.
For February 2020 Bar Exam Takers
Essay Skills Supplemental Workshop Series:
- Saturday, January 4th, 2019 from 9:30 until 11:30 a.m.
- Saturday, January 11th, 2019 from 9:30 until 11:30 a.m.
- Saturday, January 18th, 2019 from 9:30 until 11:30 a.m.
- Saturday, January 25th, 2019 from 9:30 until 11:30 a.m.
Full Simulated Georgia Essay Exam with Debrief:
- Monday, January 27th, 2019 from 9:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m.
We are still planning exciting bar related events! Please check back soon for updates on dates and times.
For students sitting for the February 2020 Bar
- Character & Fitness Application Late Deadline : October 2, 2019
For students sitting for the July 2020 Bar
- Character & Fitness Application Regular Deadline : December 4, 2019 (Please note this application does not open until October 7, 2019)
- Character & Fitness Application Late Deadline : March 4, 2020
Additional information on important dates and filing deadlines for the Georgia Bar Exam can be found on the Georgia Bar Admissions page.
Bar To Do Checklist
___ Research Bar Exam Information from State Bar Website
___ Review application & fees
___ Gather required application documentation
___ Calendar important deadlines
___ Fill out a petition to graduate form with the Registrar’s Office
___ Submit your Character & Fitness Application
___ Take and pass the MPRE
___ Pay your refundable Kaplan Bar Book Fee
For additional information regarding the bar, please contact OAA at (678) 916-2600 ext. 3700 or email@example.com