Career Development Office- Student Professionalism Agreement
As a student of Atlanta’s John Marshall Law School with access to the services and programs offered by the Career Development Office, I hereby agree to the following:
- I will, at all times, conduct myself in accordance with high moral and ethical standards. I will refrain from making false or misleading statements on my résumé or at any time during the employment search process.
- I will comply with all Career Development Office policies and procedures, including the Interview Policy and any other policies or procedures that are communicated to me in person, via email, or posted on the Career Development Office website.
- I will comply with all Career Development Office deadlines, including updates to such deadlines that are communicated to me in person, via email, or posted on the Career Development Office website. I acknowledge that the failure to adhere to such deadlines may result in the inability to
participate in any or all Career Development Office programs or to obtain Career Development services.
- I acknowledge that all off-campus recruitment programs have their own policies and rules, and that before applying to those programs I will familiarize myself with those rules and policies.
- I acknowledge that by applying for any off-campus recruitment program I have read and will abide by the rules of said program, and that my failure to do so may result in my losing access to the resources and services of the Career Development Office.
- I will be responsible for reading all information contained in correspondence to me from the Career Development Office.
- I will abide by the National Association for Law Placement’s (NALP) Principles and Standards for Law Placement and Recruitment Activities, including the General Standards for the Timing of Offers and Decision and the Principles for Candidates (available at www.nalp.org).
- I will report any requested information (including employer name, location, salary, and offer or hire date) regarding my summer or post-graduation employment to the Career Development Office accurately and in a timely fashion. I understand that this information will not be shared with others in a way that personally indentifies me without my consent.
- I have attended the mandatory 1L orientation presented by the Career Development Office.