Georgia World Congress Center (GWCC) Sidney Marcus Auditorium (Building A)
285 Andrew Young International Blvd NW, Atlanta, GA 30313
Graduates and guest will need to park in the Red Lot. And walk towards the Georgia World Congress Center. You can park on Level 8 to enter at ground level or, if there is inclement weather, you can park on Level 7 to access the inclement weather bridge. This bridge will lead you to Building C and you will need to walk down to Building A. Look for the directional signs! The Sidney Marcus Auditorium is located in Building A, directly across from Dantanna’s.
Parking is a minimum of $15 per day. You can pre-pay for parking by visiting www.gwcc.com. Click on “Directions and Parking”, then “Online Parking Permits”, “Purchase Event Parking Permits,” then select “AJMLS Commencement”, follow the instructions posted.
Announcement Cards: A table will be outside each robing room with announcement cards. These cards must be completed before you can enter into the robing area. Please hold on to these cards, as they will be used to call your name during the ceremony.
- Graduate Arrival (Room A403).
- Graduates, please arrive no later than 11:30 a.m. You will report to the Graduate Robing Room (Room A403) upon arrival. Before entering the robing area, you MUST complete the Announcement Card. A table will be set up outside of the robing room. Please remember that family and friends are not permitted to enter the graduate robing rooms and no exceptions will be made. Security will be provided.
- Commencement practice (Auditorium).
- Please report to the Auditorium by 12:00 p.m. and sit in the center section.
- Class photo (Auditorium) – No stoles or cords will be allowed in the photo.
- You must be fully robed, hooded, and in place for the class photo by 12:30 p.m.
- Doors open for handicap accessible seating.
- Doors open for guest seating.
- Processional line-up.
- We will begin lining up graduates starting at 1:00 p.m. Line-up is as follows: LL.M., Awardees, Valedictorians, then J.D. graduates (A-Z).
- Please also note that you will be hooded on stage. While lining up, you will need to have your announcement card in your right hand and your hood in your left hand. We will have staff assisting you to ensure everything is uniform. Please note that this means that you will not be able to carry your cell phone in your hand.
- Processional begins- Commencement ceremony.
- Please note that once the procession starts, graduates will not be permitted to enter the line.
- Be prepared for commencement exercises to last a minimum of 2.5 hours. Of course, this depends on our speakers.
After the Ceremony
- Immediately after the ceremony, you MUST return to the graduate robing room to return the diploma covers and receive your diploma.
- Please note, if you received a loan during your time at AJMLS and have not completed your Financial Aid Exit Counseling, you will not be eligible to receive your diploma. No exceptions will be made.
- Please note, if you have not completed your Career Services Graduate Interview, you will not receive your diploma. No exceptions will be made.
- Please note, if you have a balance on your student account, you will not receive your diploma. No exceptions will be made.
- Please note, graduates not receiving their diplomas at Graduation are also not eligible to have a transcript released to any State Bar until all holds have been resolved.
Immediately following the ceremony, graduates and their guests are invited to join the faculty and staff for a light reception in Room A412 directly across from the auditorium
There are no tickets for this year’s Commencement, therefore, there is no limit to the number of guests you can invite. However, we would encourage you to ask your guest(s) to arrive either early or on-time to ensure parties can be seated.
- While there is no limit to the number of guests you can invite, we do ask you to be reasonable.
- There will be no overflow seating. So this means that when the ballroom is full, we will be forced to turn away guests.
- Please let your guests know that there will be several sections roped off for the graduates and distinguished alumni/ platform party guests to sit.
- Once the music for the Processional begins, family and guests will not be seated until after the Invocation is completed. No exceptions will be made. Please remind your guests to be courteous and wait until ushers are able to seat them.
- Guests will not be allowed to save seats. Again, please encourage your guests to arrive on time, especially if parties want to be seated together.
- Guests are not permitted to walk down the aisles to take photographs. We will have professional photographers on site capturing the event.
A professional photographer will take a photo of you being hooded, receiving your diploma, and one once you have left the stage. A coupon for discounts on photo packages will be included with your regalia upon pick up. In order to receive the discount, you will need to register prior to the ceremony.