285 Andrew Young International Blvd NW, Atlanta, GA 30313
Note: At 11:00 a.m. on the event day, parking charges will increase due to surrounding events. The increased price after 11:00 a.m. will be: $50/RED & $25/GREEN.
Red Deck: In the event of inclement weather, park on Level 7 and enter through the inclement weather bridge. You will then walk to Building A.
Green Deck: Entrance to Building A can be found next to the College Football Hall of Fame. Take the elevator of steps to level 3 and walk through the tunnel.
Graduates and attendees are welcome to pre-purchase their parking spot for $10 online here.
Ride/Share: For those interested n Ride/Share the recommended location is upper International (A or B Building) Address: 285 Andrew Young Intl Blvd, Atlanta, Ga, 30313. Attendees would enter through glass doors and travel toward Building A.
IF YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETED YOUR FINANCIAL AID COUNSELING AND CAREER SERVICES EXIT INTERVIEWS, YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO PARTICIPATE IN COMMENCEMENT.
Announcement Cards: A table will be outside each robing room with announcement cards. These cards must be completed before you can enter into the robing area. You will need your own pen, as one will not be provided. Please hold on to these cards, as they will be used to call your name during the ceremony.
- Graduate Arrival
- A-Z-Report to A411
- Graduates, please arrive no later than 11:30 a.m. to the robing area. Before entering the robing room, you MUST complete the Announcement Card. A table will be set up outside of the robing room. Please remember that family and friends are not permitted to enter the graduate robing area and no exceptions will be made. Security will be provided to secure all robing rooms (You must wear a mask).
- Commencement practice in Sidney Marcus Auditorium located in Building A.
- Please report to the Auditorium by 12:00 p.m. You will be directed where to sit.
- Class photo- ROBE, CAP, AND REGALIA HOOD ONLY! No cords or stoles.
- Doors open for handicap accessible guests (only two guests can accompany)
- Doors open for guest seating.
- Processional line-up.
- Line-up is as follows: Valedictorians, 2022 graduates (A-Z).
- Processional begins- Commencement ceremony.
- Please note that once the procession starts, graduates will not be permitted to enter the line.
- Please do not stop the processional line for pictures, hugs, etc.
- Be prepared for commencement exercises to last a minimum of 2.5 hours. Of course, this depends on our speakers.
- Guests will not be required to have a ticket, however, we do ask that graduates be mindful and considerate of your classmates with the number of guests you plan to invite.
- There will be no overflow seating.
- Please let your guests know that there will be several sections roped off for the graduates and distinguished guests. These areas are not to be sat in.
- Please communicate with your guests, that saving seats, placing items in seats, or anything that may prohibit a guest from sitting is prohibited.
- Once the music for the Processional begins, family and guests will not be allowed in or seated until after the invocation has completed. No exceptions will be made. Please remind your guests to be courteous and wait until ushers open the doors and are able to seat them.
- Guests are not permitted to walk down the center aisles to take photographs. We will have professional photographers on site capturing the event.
- Please note, no balloons are allowed inside the auditorium. Any guest with balloons will be asked to remain outside the auditorium. Please share this with your guests.
After the Ceremony
- Immediately after the ceremony, you MUST return to the graduate robing room to return the diploma covers.
- Please note, if you received a loan during your time at AJMLS and have not completed your Financial Aid Exit Counseling, you will not be eligible to receive your diploma. No exceptions will be made.
- Please note, if you have not completed your Career Services Graduate Interview, you will not receive your diploma. No exceptions will be made.
- Please note, if you have a balance on your student account, you will not receive your diploma. No exceptions will be made.
- Please note, Graduates who were not eligible to participate in graduation are also not eligible to have a transcript released to any State Bar until all holds have been resolved.
Immediately following the ceremony, graduates and their guests, who are legally of age, are invited to join the faculty and staff for champagne.
A professional photographer will take a photo of you during hooding, with the Dean, and one prior to leaving the stage. A coupon for discounts on photo packages will be included with your regalia upon pick up. In order to receive the discount, you will need to register prior to the ceremony.