Atrium Ballroom (Second Level)
265 Peachtree Center Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30303
Valet Parking/Special Event Valet Parking charge of $20.00
Special Overnight Valet Rate of $30.00
0-1 Hours $20.00
1-2 Hours $25.00
2-4 Hours $30.00
4-6 Hours $35.00
6-24 Hours $49.00
Full Size vehicles $55.00
The parking rate for overnight guests is $49.00 with in and out privileges.
There is no additional charge for Full Size vehicles, unless the guest stays more than 6 hours ($55.00 for full size vehicles).
**All rates are subject to change without notice.
COVID-19 Safety Restrictions
Due to COVID-19, the Law School is taking extreme measures and necessary precautions to ensure a safe and contactless event. In agreement with the Marriott Marquis, the following safety measures must be adhered to:
- TICKETS: Graduates will be allowed SIX guest tickets only. No exceptions! Tickets will be available only for graduates who reserved their graduation ticket by the March 12 deadline. Each eligible graduate has six guest tickets available for reservation at the link.
- All graduates, guests, faculty, staff, and volunteers MUST wear a face covering! NO EXCEPTIONS.
- All graduates, guests, faculty, staff, and volunteers will be required to have their temperature checked prior to entering into the robing areas and/or ballroom. Per the CDC, temperatures of 100.4 or higher are considered a fever and will not be allowed in.
- There will be hand sanitizer stations outside the robing areas and the Atrium Ballroom.
IF YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETED YOUR FINANCIAL AID COUNSELING AND CAREER SERVICES EXIT INTERVIEWS, YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO PARTICIPATE IN COMMENCEMENT. ANY RESERVED TICKETS WILL BE DEACTIVATED.
Announcement Cards: A table will be outside each robing room with announcement cards. These cards must be completed before you may enter into the robing area. You will need your own pen, as one will not be provided. Please hold on to these cards, as they will be used to call your name during the ceremony.
- Graduate Arrival
- A-L: Room M301
- M-Z: Room M302
- Graduates, please arrive no later than 11:30 a.m. to the robing area. Before entering the robing room, you MUST complete the Announcement Card. A table will be set up outside of the robing room. Please remember that family and friends are not permitted to enter the graduate robing area and no exceptions will be made. Security will be provided to secure all robing rooms.
- Commencement practice (Atrium Ballroom).
- Please report to the Auditorium by 12:00 p.m. You will be directed where to sit.
- Class photo (TBD) – No stoles or cords will be allowed in the photo.
- You must be fully robed, hooded, and in place for the class photo by 12:30 p.m.
- Doors open for guest seating. Will be asked to stand six feet apart.
- Processional line-up. (Socially distanced at six feet apart)
- We will begin lining up graduates starting at 1:00 p.m. Line-up is as follows: Award Recipients, Valedictorians, then J.D. graduates (A-Z).
- Processional begins- Commencement ceremony.
- Please note that once the procession starts, graduates will not be permitted to enter the line.
- Please do not stop the processional line for pictures, hugs, etc.
- Be prepared for commencement exercises to last a minimum of 2.5 hours. Of course, this depends on our speakers.
Due to COVID-19, the Marriott Marquis strictly enforces social distancing restrictions. As a result, graduates will be allowed six tickets for their guests. All seating, including graduates, will be three feet apart. For guest, seating will be distanced three feet every two chairs.
- ALL GUESTS MUST WEAR A MASK AND MUST HAVE THEIR TEMPERATURE TAKEN. SHOULD A GUEST TEMPERATURE EXCEED WHAT THE CDC ADVISES, THEY WILL NOT BE ALLOWED INTO THE BALLROOM. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- There will be no overflow seating
- The graduation ceremony will be live streamed. We will provide the link closer to the ceremony.
- Please let your guests know that there will be several sections roped off for the graduates and distinguished guests. These areas are not to be sat in.
- Once the music for the Processional begins, family and guests will not be allowed in or seated until after the Invocation is completed. No exceptions will be made. Please remind your guests to be courteous and wait until ushers open the doors and are able to seat them.
- Guests are not permitted to walk down the center aisles to take photographs. We will have professional photographers on site capturing the event.
After the Ceremony
- In an effort to have a contactless ceremony, your diploma will be mailed by the Registrar. Please ensure your correct address is on file with their office.
- Please note, if you received a loan during your time at AJMLS and have not completed your Financial Aid Exit Counseling, you will not be eligible to receive your diploma. No exceptions will be made.
- Please note, if you have not completed your Career Services Graduate Interview, you will not receive your diploma. No exceptions will be made.
- Please note, if you have a balance on your student account, you will not receive your diploma. No exceptions will be made.
- Please note, graduates not receiving their diplomas are also not eligible to have a transcript released to any State Bar until all holds have been resolved.
Immediately following the ceremony, graduates and their guests are invited to join the faculty and staff for a light reception, located directly outside of the Atrium Ballroom.
A professional photographer will take a photo of you receiving your diploma, and one once you have left the stage. A coupon for discounts on photo packages will be included with your regalia upon pick up. In order to receive the discount, you will need to register prior to the ceremony.