All graduates should ensure they have completed everything on this list in order to graduate and participate in the graduation ceremony.
- You must file a Petition to Graduate with the Registrar’s Office by October 15.
- You must file a Bar Certification Request Form with the Registrar’s Office by October.
- If you received federal student loans at any time during your enrollment at AJMLS, you must complete EXIT Student Loan Counseling online here. This is NOT to be confused with the exit interview that you complete with Career Services. EXIT Loan Counseling is different and separate.
- EXIT Loan Counseling must be completed prior to graduation. The Registrar’s office will be notified of those students that were required to complete EXIT loan counseling but did not complete it. Your diploma will be held until this requirement is completed by student loan recipients.
- You must complete an exit interview with the Office of Career Services. You will be contacted by the Office of Career Services in the near future to set up an appointment for this interview. For May graduates, exit interviews will begin in mid-April of 2021.
- You must review your law school application for accuracy. If anything in the application is inaccurate, you must submit a petition to amend your application to Dean Barger. This petition should be submitted electronically and can be emailed to Dean Barger at firstname.lastname@example.org. The form is located online here. If you need a copy of your law school application, please complete a Student Action Request form online.
- Order regalia, diploma frames, and announcements here.
- Completion with passing grades of all required courses, and of 88 credit hours of study of which a minimum of 60 credit hours must be in residence at John Marshall.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.00 for all graded work undertaken at the School of Law.
- Attendance in residence for six academic semesters in the full-time division or eight academic semesters in the part-time divisions having enrolled in a minimum of 12 semester hours of credit each semester in the full-time division and eight semester hours of credit each semester in the part-time division.
- For a list of required courses in the part-time and full-time programs, click here.