Law School Facilities
The law school is located in Pershing Point, a pivotal intersection in the heart of the Atlanta community. The campus is conveniently located just three blocks from a stop on a Metro Atlanta Transit Authority (MARTA) route. The main interstate system in the city is one block West, and a convenient exit from the interstate is four blocks away.
Facilities at 1422 West Peachtree Street NW
For the past 15 years, the law school has occupied space in a nine story mid-rise office building at 1422 West Peachtree Street in Midtown Atlanta. The law school occupies all of the 65,000+ square feet available in the building (pictured right).
Over the last 10 years, the law school has renovated each of the nine floors to accommodate its growing student body, faculty, and staff.
The 1422 West Peachtree Street building currently has 13 classrooms: six traditional classrooms, five seminar rooms, and two trial courtrooms. The building also houses a student lounge and common area, Student Bar Association office, faculty suite, administrative offices, and meeting space. Three of the nine floors are dedicated to library and research space.
Images below (left to right): front entrance corridor, library, classroom
Facilities at 1430 West Peachtree Street NW
In 2010, the law school acquired two floors of an adjacent building at 1430 West Peachtree Street NW. The expansion project added approximately 32,500 square feet of classrooms, administrative offices, and meeting space.
Pedestrian bridges connect the 6th and 7th floors of the 1422 Building to the 6th and 7th floors of the 1430 Building. Students, staff, and faculty access the 1430 Building through the pedestrian bridges from the 1422 Building. (pictured right)
The teaching facilities at 1430 West Peachtree Street NW have eight classrooms: six traditional classrooms and two seminar rooms. The 1430 Building also houses the Law Journal office, faculty suite, administrative offices and meeting space.
Images below (left to right): ribbon cutting ceremony of pedestrian bridges, 7th floor decor, 7th floor hallway
Facilities at 1405 Spring Street – The Blackburn Conference Center
On August 30, 2011, the law school hosted a dedication ceremony naming the newly renovated 1405 Spring Street building after one of its most esteemed alumni and former Board of Directors member, Judge G. Alan Blackburn. Judge Blackburn recently retired from the Court of Appeals of the State of Georgia.
The single story building is located directly across from the law school on 18th Street and adds 16,508 square feet to the law school facilities. The building contains an auditorium, banquet/reception area, several conference rooms, a large board room (pictured right), a seminar room and several administrative offices. While the building is occasionally rented to the community, its main purpose is to serve the needs of the law school.
Images below (left to right): Auditorium, front building sign (corner of Spring Street & 18th Street), Seminar Room