Visiting Students

Any student who is currently attending a law school that is accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA), and is in good academic standing with that school, is eligible to apply as a non-matriculating or visiting student. Visiting students must have permission from the Dean of their current law school to take courses at AJMLS. Applicants must submit the following materials:

  1. A completed visiting student application, located on our Apply page;
  2. An official transcript of all prior law school coursework sent directly from the school to the Office of Admissions by October 15th;
  3. Ensure a current CAS report is available for retrieval; and
  4. A letter of good standing from the home law school clearly stating that credit for classes undertaken at the law school will be applied to the applicant’s degree at their home school.

In addition to a bar examination, there are character, fitness, and other qualifications for admission to the bar in every U.S. jurisdiction. Applicants are encouraged to determine the requirements for any jurisdiction in which they intend to seek admission by contacting the jurisdiction. Addresses for all relevant agencies are available through the National Conference of Bar Examiners.

The Office of Admissions prefers and recommends the use of the Law School Admission Council (LSAC) for application and document processing. Students who are unable to utilize the LSAC service may submit their downloaded application and documents electronically or via mail. Regardless of submission method, all applicants are considered equally based upon their application materials. If you are disabled or have difficulty accessing the LSAC website or our website, please call the Office of Admissions for assistance at (678) 916-3012. Please note that the LSAC website is not currently accessible for visually impaired applicants using screen readers. However, you may call the LSAC technical support services at (215) 968-1393 for assistance in completing the application through the LSAC website.

Students requiring financial aid must apply for assistance through their home law school (AJMLS does not offer any financial aid to visiting students). The home school must initiate a consortium agreement with our Office of Financial Aid. The home school will collect financial application forms and award the student’s financial aid. AJMLS will act as a transfer agent only for disbursing funds to students.