Written by: Scot Goins, Assistant Dean of Academic Achievement and Bar Success
Grammar. The word itself is often enough to trigger anxiety, and depending on your background and experience, you may have various concerns you want to address, but you may not be sure where to go to address those concerns.
Never fear, AABS is here! Below, find a list of ten websites that you can peruse in your own time to work to improve your grammar, answer questions that you may have, and to improve your word wizardry.
Academic Achievement and Bar Success (AABS) Grammar Resources
2. Purdue Online Writing Lab- Grammar
3. The Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction- Punctuation and Grammar Basics for Students; The Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction- Punctuation and Grammar ADVANCED
5. Excelsior Online Writing Lab- Grammar Refresher
7. Grammarly (guide that works with you as you write to develop best practices)
8. The Guide to Grammar and Writing
9. Common Grammatical and Punctuation Errors
10. The Grammar of Legal English
We hope that you find these links helpful, and as always you are welcome to reach out to our office if you need anything – firstname.lastname@example.org.