LL.M. in American Legal Studies – Online
“Professor Van Detta is an absolute wealth of information, and an inspiring educator. He is unmatched in his insight, resourcefulness and passion for law." -- AJMLS American Legal Studies Online LL.M. student
About the Online LL.M. in American Legal Studies
In today’s increasingly global market, lawyers practicing a number of specialties need to master more than one legal system. Our online LL.M. in American Legal Studies is a convenient, flexible way for foreign-educated lawyers to study American law and gain a practical understanding of the American legal tradition.
- A Global Forum LL.M. – classmates around the world offer a global perspective while studying the commercial, business and Constitutional law of the United States
- A rigorous curriculum conducted on your time, at your own pace – you never have to be in front of a computer at a certain time
- Optional Honors Capstone Colloquium at the end of the four-semester program
- Comprehensive administrative and technical support so you are provided with a superior educational experience
- Multiple entries per year, usually in September, January and May
Our mission is to provide foreign-educated attorneys who seek knowledge of American law and legal institutions the opportunity to earn a Master of Laws degree in American Legal Studies while residing in their home countries, working in private practice or civil service in their own legal systems.
At a Glance
Delivery Method: Online (Asynchronous/ No live requirements)
Residential Component: None Required (Optional Capstone Colloquium at conclusion of program)
Credit Hours: 24
Duration of Studies: Four semesters (16 months)
Entry Options: January, May and September each year
Application Deadline: None. Applications accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis
Admission Requirement: J.D. equivalent and/or eligibility to practice law in home country
Online Features: Easy to use learning platform with 24/7 tech support
Financial Aid: Need –based scholarships are available for this program. Click here for more information.
Tuition: Tuition for the 2013-14 Academic Year is $1,218 per credit hour.
Atlanta’s John Marshall Law School is fully accredited by the American Bar Association, which has granted acquiescence to the LL.M. degrees.