LL.M. in American Legal Studies – Online
“Professor Van Detta is an absolute wealth of information, and an inspiring educator. He is unmatched in his insight, resourcefulness and passion for law." -- AJMLS American Legal Studies Online LL.M. student
About the Online LL.M. in American Legal Studies
In today’s increasingly global market, lawyers practicing a number of specialties need to master more than one legal system. Our online LL.M. in American Legal Studies is a convenient, flexible way for foreign-educated lawyers to study American law and gain a practical understanding of the American legal tradition.
- A Global Forum LL.M. – classmates around the world offer a global perspective while studying the commercial, business and Constitutional law of the United States
- A rigorous curriculum conducted on your time, at your own pace – you never have to be in front of a computer at a certain time
- Optional Honors Capstone Colloquium at the end of the four-semester program
- Comprehensive administrative and technical support so you are provided with a superior educational experience
- Multiple entries per year, usually in September, January and May
Our mission is to provide foreign-educated attorneys who seek knowledge of American law and legal institutions the opportunity to earn a Master of Laws degree in American Legal Studies while residing in their home countries, working in private practice or civil service in their own legal systems.
At a Glance
Delivery Method: Online (Asynchronous/ No live requirements)
Residential Component: None Required (Optional Capstone Colloquium at conclusion of program)
Credit Hours: 24
Duration of Studies: Four semesters (16 months)
Entry Options: January, May and September each year
Application Deadline: None. Applications accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis
Admission Requirement: J.D. equivalent and/or eligibility to practice law in home country
Online Features: Easy to use learning platform with 24/7 tech support
Financial Aid: Need –based scholarships are available for this program. Click here for more information.
Atlanta’s John Marshall Law School is fully accredited by the American Bar Association, which has granted acquiescence to the LL.M. degrees.