Externship - Approved Placements
City of Atlanta Office of the City Solicitor
City of Atlanta offers an Internship Program designed to assist undergraduate and graduate students with a comprehensive hands-on overview of the legal system. The program is approximately 8-12 weeks long and can be taken during summer break or during the regular semester.
Description of Student Work:
Internship may include, but is not limited to:
- Attending regular court sessions held at 8am or 3pm.
- A ride-along with the Atlanta Police Department
- A tour and ride-along with the APD Crime Scene Investigators
- A tour of the Atlanta City Detention Center
- Candidates will be paired with: an Assistant Solicitor, Pre-trial Intervention Program Coordinator, Warrant Officers, Investigator and Legal Program Assistant.
- Observing DUI videos with the public defenders or defense attorneys.
- Contacting victims and insurance companies to verify documents.
2L’s, 3L’s & students eligible for 3rd year practice are eligible to apply
Course or other requirements:
All candidates must pass a criminal background check and at the conclusion of the program Interns are required to write a minimum (10) page paper about their experience.
Submit a cover letter and resume to the Intern Coordinator. Candidates must complete an application, schedule and interview and successfully complete a background check.
Summer, Fall & Spring
Mr. Marcel Reed, Intern Coordinator
150 Garnett Street
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
Phone: (404) 658-6702