*Requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader. To download the Acrobat Reader: click here
In order to ensure that you will be able to use your computer to access the AJMLS wireless network, take exams and print, your computer must meet at minimum the configuration listed below.
If you will be purchasing a new computer, you should use the configuration below as a guideline.
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional or Media Center Ed.
- Windows Vista Home Premium or higher
- Windows 7 Home Premium or higher
- Windows XP – 512 MB or higher
- Windows Vista – 1 GB or higher (2 GB or higher for 64bit processor)
- Windows 7 – 1 GB or higher (2 GB or higher for 64bit processor)
- Mac OS X – 1GB or higher
- single, dual or quad core
- Windows XP/Vista/7- 1GHz or higher
- Mac OS X – G4, G5, or Intel 1.6GHz or higher
- 802.11b/g or higher
- Microsoft Office or equivalent
- An up-to-date and active subscription to an anti-virus program/security suite is required (Computers with trial subscriptions or expired subscriptions will not be allowed to access the AJMLS network)
*For those purchasing new laptops, it is recommended that a three year warranty or service contract is purchased with the laptop.
Atlanta’s John Marshall Law School does not make any requirement as to the brand of computer or the software used, with the following exceptions:
Students who wish to use their computers during exams must comply with the school’s published guidelines. These guidelines can be found on the Computer Exam Guidelines page of our web site.
Students who wish to use their computers to access the Internet, or the school’s public printers, must also meet certain additional requirements. These requirements are for security purposes and will be strictly enforced. These guidelines can be found on the Internet Access page of our web site.
Please Note: An up-to-date and active subscription to an approved anti-virus program is required to access the Internet.
and any network resources ( i.e., printers) on the AJMLS network.
The school recommends that students use programs that are compatible with the software installed on our Computer Lab PCs in order to allow the student to easily transfer documents between computers and to submit assignments. The complete list of these programs can be found on the Recommended Software page of our website.
The Information Technology staff of AJMLS is available during their posted office hours. The school cannot provide any form of repair or data recovery service, and is not responsible for any failure of student owned equipment or software.
If you have any questions, please contact the Information Technology staff at (404) 872-3593.