Reciprocity Policy: Reciprocity is a mutual exchange of privileges. Law schools use reciprocity to provide reasonable access to their career resources for law students and graduates from other law schools who agree to provide similar services.
• Reciprocity privileges will be available only to other ABA-accredited law schools that provide reciprocity privileges to students and graduates of Atlanta’s John Marshall Law School. The Career Development Office reserves the right to adjust this policy if the requesting school has a more restrictive policy.
• Requests for reciprocity must be made in writing or via email by a career services/placement official of the requesting law school at least two weeks prior to any visit. Requests must include the name, address, email address and graduation year of the student or graduate.
• The student or graduate must bring a copy of our response when visiting our office and shall identify him or herself upon arrival at the office. Individuals appearing in our office without a request letter in hand will not be granted services.
• Reciprocity services are available to a particular student or graduate for a period of six months from the date of the original request.
• The following services shall be available to the student or graduate:
- Alumni Job Postings. There will be a one-time charge of $10.00 for web password. Graduates should include an email address with their check. Please make checks payable to Atlanta’s John Marshall Law School.
- The Career Development Library and Resources.
• The following services shall not be available:
- On-Campus Interviews
- Resume Forwarding
- Student Job Postings
- Blind Job Listings
- Participation in Job Fairs
- Counseling Services
• An applicant granted reciprocity must state in each employer cover letter that, through a reciprocal agreement with the applicant’s school, the job listing was provided by the Career Development Office at Atlanta’s John Marshall Law School. Reciprocity will not be available from August 1 to November 15.
• Reciprocity applicants may only seek reciprocity from one Georgia law school at a time. Reciprocity will not be extended to anyone utilizing the career services offices at Emory University Law School, Georgia State University College of Law, Mercer University School of Law, or University of Georgia School of Law.
• The Career Development Office may deny further services to any school surpassing a reasonable number of requests within any academic year and to individuals who misuse the facilities or services.
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. until 6 p.m.
Additional Information may be obtained by contacting:
Assistant Dean of Career Development
Atlanta’s John Marshall Law School
1422 W. Peachtree St., NW
Atlanta, GA 30309
Phone: (404) 872-3593 ext. 113
Fax: (404) 873-1609