The AJMLS Mission
The mission of Atlanta’s John Marshall Law School is to prepare highly competent and professional lawyers who possess a strong social conscience, continually demonstrate high ethical standards, and are committed to the improvement of the legal system and society.
Within a diverse environment, the law school seeks to achieve its mission by pursuing the following goals:
- Offer an intellectually rigorous academic program, including opportunities for professional skills education;
- Provide access to a high-quality program of legal education for all qualified applicants by maintaining a flexible program of full-time and part-time law study;
- Instill in students the highest sense of the professionalism and ethical and moral responsibilities required of members of the legal profession;
- Prepare students to anticipate and adapt to future developments in the law;
- Promote the continuous development of a law faculty dedicated to achieving the highest standards of classroom teaching, scholarship that informs their teaching, and service to the legal community.
- Offer academic support programs to students from diverse educational backgrounds;
- Encourage students to engage in pro bono activities and to provide legal services to historically underserved communities upon their admission to the Bar;
- Engage in ongoing self-assessment to ensure that the institution is meeting its stated goals